HOME > ABOUT > TEAM
We share our profound investment philosophy and value-creating know how accumulated through past numerous successful investment track records of both NHC and our previous operation, Phoenix Capital Co., Ltd. Our long standing experienced team, with knowledgeable advisors, will continue to excel in serving our investment goals.
- Senior Advisor Makoto Isshi
- Prior to Japan Asia Investment Corporation (JAIC), a TSE listed investment enterprise, Mr. Isshi started his business career at Nippon Kokan (NKK, now JFE holdings). At JAIC, Mr. Isshi served as head of the International Division and Post-investment Value Add Division, and he also had wide experience in managing JAIC branch offices in Japan and other countries in Asia. After he became a member of board of directors of JAIC, he initiated to establish Japan Private Equity (JPE), a subsidiary of JAIC, function as CEO and was engaging in buyout and turnaround type of deals. From his career in corporate investment business over the 2 decades, Mr. Isshi has extensive industry experience, as investor and investee, in developing business both in domestic and overseas market.
- Senior Corporate Advisor Naoko Hatakeyama
- Prior to joining Phoenix Capital in 2005, Ms. Hatakeyama engaged in corporate recovery and strategy consulting as a founding partner of the Corporate Strategy Group of Deloitte Touche Group. Before that she was a partner at Deloitte Touche Consulting Group (DTCG) when Braxton Consulting, a Boston-based strategy consulting firm where she started her consultant career in 1983, merged with DTCG. Ms. Hatakeyama holds a Masters degree in counseling and consulting psychology from Harvard University Education School.
- Since joining NHC as a partner in 2006, she has enganed in rule management of investees. She assumed the position of senior advisor in April 2019.
- CEO Yasushi Ando
- Mr. Ando is one of the best-known investment managers in the private equity fund industry in Japan. As a founding Managing Partner of Phoenix Capital, he has made Phoenix one of the best private equity funds in Japan in terms of its size and performance. He also served on the board of the companies including Hitachi Housetec, Tokyu Construction, Seiki-Tokyu Ind., TEAC Corp., Gold-Pak, and Mitsubishi Motors. He is well-known for his unique approach in improving company performance.
Before founding Phoenix Capital, he served as Chief Manager of the Investment Banking Division at the Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi, where he took a leading role in promoting the bank’s international investment banking business. He also has ten years of international commercial banking business experience, as well as five years’ experience in trading.
Mr. Ando holds a bachelor’s degree in Economics from the University of Tokyo and an MBA from the University of Chicago.
＜Cases as a keyman＞
Alphatec Solutions Co., Ltd., Fudo Construction Co., Ltd., Ichida Co., Ltd., Kaijo Corporation., Kenken Co., Ltd., Kinsho Store Pare Co., Ltd., Myodo Metal Co., Ltd., Sokkia Co., Ltd., Takisawa Machine Tool Co., Ltd., Teac Corp., Tsu-Matsubishi Co., Ltd., Tsumura & Co., etc.
- COO Kazutoshi Todo
- Mr. Todo has over 30 years of experience in Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ (formerly know as The Mitsubishi Bank) and held several managerial roles in the bank’s Economic and Industry Research division, Corporate Finance division, and Financial Institutions division, including the Corporate Banking officer at Hong Kong Branch. He also has an experience serving for the Ministry of International Trade and Industry as a Senior Economist. Since Joining NHC as a senior advisor in 2016, he had also served as CEO in Mag2, Inc. until September 2017. He has assumed the position of COO in NHC since November 2017. Mr. Todo holds a BA degree in Law from University of Tokyo.
- CFO Ryuji Sato
- Prior to Joining NHC, Mr. Sato worked for a major accounting firm for over 10 years and gained experience in auditing corporations, M&A advisory as well as advisory on IPO. Joined NHC in 2006 at the inception, Mr. Sato leads the firm’s finance, administrative legal and compliance activities. He has also engaged in corporate turnaround support at the investment in multiple inrestrees, Inc., as an external board member. Mr. Sato holds a BA degree in Law from Meiji University and is a Certified Public Accountant in Japan.
- CIO Senior Managment Director Tokusuke Shin
- Mr. Shin worked on advisory operations such as accounting audits of listed companies, M&A, corporate recovery, etc. at KPMG. In 2004, he joined Phoenix Capital Co., Ltd. and took office as a director. He was involved in the support of investees as a member of the business rehabilitation committee of Mitsubishi Motors Corp., etc. He also supported global negotiations, etc. As the person in charge on the fund side, he has guided the management of Gold-Pak Co., Ltd. and led the project to list the company and succeeded in listing it on JASDAQ securities exchange in 2006. He graduated from the Faculty of Economics and Commerce, Melbourne University and is a certified public accountant.
- Senior Managment Director Yoichiro Kurosawa
- Mr. Kurosawa has 25 years of experience in and around the private equity investment business, both as an investor and as part of an investee’s management team. As a Managing Director at Phoenix Capital, he has engaged in management support for investee companies as a member of the board or corporate rehabilitation committee. Prior to that, he was with JAFCO, a private equity investment group, including five years at its San Francisco and Palo Alto operations. Mr. Kurosawa holds a BA degree from Sophia University, a Masters degree in Sustainable Technologies from Tohoku University where he obtained a Program Officer on Environment certificate, and an MBA from Keio University.
- Senior Managment Director Keizo Kaneko
- Mr. Kaneko started his carrier at one of the largest accounting firms in 1987 and conducted audits on corporations. Then, he was involved in various M&A transactions as an M&A advisor first at Investment Banking group of Daiwa Securities Co. Ltd from 1990 and at Investment Banking Division of Mitsubishi UFJ Securities Co. Ltd. . Since joining NHC in 2007, he had served on the board of Houstec, Inc., where he supervised CFO to lead management and governance reforms and promote manifestation of corporate values. He graduated from the Faculty of Science, Chiba University and is a certified public accountant.
- Managment Director Atsushi Nagatoshi
- Mr. Nagatoshi started his career at Livin’ On the Edge” Co., Ltd. (later “livedoor” Co., Ltd.), where he was engaged in M&A and Equity Financing in the Corporate Planning Department, playing a key role in their Corporate Activities. Earlier, he had served both Head of the IR Department and General Manager of the Corporate Planning Department at DeNA Co., Ltd., where he managed the Administrative Accounting and led the company to the Tokyo Stock Exchanges’ first section. After returning to livedoor Co., Ltd., he established Organizational Restructuring by setting up a Management Department after the spin-off. Later, he joined Asteria Corporation (formerly Infoteria) as General Manager of the Corporate Planning where he worked on business expansion into overseas market, including the M&A of a U.S Company and capital increase. As Executive Officer at the company’s subsidiary in China, he worked on capital increase and earlier, organizational construction as CFO during the company’s start-up.Graduated International School of D?sseldorf e.V. in Germany and Law Department of Chuo University in Japan.
- Director Yusuke Nagase
- Prior to joining NHC, Mr. Nagase worked at a top accounting firm for seven years where he gained experience in corporate auditing and IPO advisory capacity for a variety of companies. He joined NHC in 2013. Presently, he is in charge of operations such as administrative accounting and fund disclosure for the investors. He has also engaged in business turnaround for a number of investees. His particular experience includes financial adjustment, restructuring, cost-accounting system construction. Prior to holding the position as Director at TACHIKICHI and Auditing Officer at Manyoken, he as Director, involved in the cost-accounting system establishment immediately after investing the Marumo Industrial Project through construction until its exit, and supported and supervised the CFO. Mr. Nagase holds a BA degree in Economics from Yokohama National University and is a Certified Public Accountant in Japan.
- Expert in medium and small corporate finance
- Takaharu Kimura
- Specialized in corporate rehabilitation
- Yasushi Shimosaka
- Specialized in international taxation
- Toru Suda
- Expert in Chinese tax and accounting
- Cheng Li
- Expert in international business law
- Akira Yamada